How to Make your Hair Stronger in 4 Simple Steps:
Boost your diet with nutritional supplements. They will provide your hair with the vitamins it needs, like B vitamins, which help strengthen your hair and nails. You can also find these hair strengthening vitamins in your refrigerator through foods such as liver, oily fish and eggs.
Did you know the roots of your hair are nourished by capillaries that carry oxygen and nutrients? Stimulating the circulation (which slows down with age) will help strengthen the roots of your hair. You can indulge yourself with a scalp massage by a professional, or try it at home! This massage with help in making your hair thick and strong from roots!
4 Steps to do a Hair Massage at Home:
- Just tilt your head forward and down
- Warm the nape of the neck with the palm of your hand to encourage blood flow to this area
- Massage from the nape upward to improve circulation
- Brushing your hair with your head tilted forward and down will also stimulate blood flow.
Heat is the enemy of hair. But now there are many products you can use to protect your hair from styling tools. Try Pantene’s heat protectants for both fine hair and normal to thick hair. Also, avoid showering with overly hot water, since it damages the roots. Instead, alternate between warm and cool water — this will stimulate circulation. Finish with a cold-water rinse for extra shine.
You moisturize your skin, right? Well, your hair also needs moisture. Pantene’s Repair & Protect line is formulated to be rich in micro-nutrients, making it ideal for moisturizing normal to thick hair. If you have fine hair, try Pantene’s Aqua Light conditioner, which will moisturize your hair without weighing it down. Try using it before you shampoo. Your hair will absorb the nutrients and be light and bouncy.
Other helpful tips for improving hair strength:
- Avoid using hair elastics that are too tight or too thin.
- Let your hair dry naturally whenever possible.
- Instead of rubbing your hair with a towel, gently squeeze out the water.
- Wet hair is more sensitive, use a wide-toothed comb for detangling hair.
Also, vinegar helps in maintaining strong healthy hair and keeping hair care problems at bay. Check out 13 ways to use white vinegar for hair here at our blog.
Read more beauty tips here.
More hair care tips & trend setting hair styling ideas here.