1.Diet and Exercise
Eating food that’s rich in iron vitamin E and Zinc helps to treat and prevent hair loss. A visit to a nutritionist to specify foods rich in this nutrients will be of great help. However, along with eating a balanced diet ensure you are exercising side by side. Yoga and meditation are effective in reducing hair fall.
Oiling together with massaging improves blood circulation and nourishes the roots. Make sure to massage your hair twice a week with oil that suits your scalp.
Get a good conditioner from your nearest store one that contains amino acids that help to repair damaged hair, and keep them strong.
4.Avoid use of too many styling products
Using too many chemically laden products on your hair could be harmful in the long run. It’s best to give them a break and try natural home-made recipes instead
5.Use natural remedies as illustrated bellow;
Natural remedies to treat hair fall
1. Egg mask
Eggs are rich in sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein, which together help promote hair growth.
To prepare the mask,
1. separate one egg white in a bowl and add a teaspoon each of olive oil and honey.
2. Beat to make a paste and apply it all over from root to tips.
3. After 20 minutes, rinse with a mild shampoo.
2. Licorice root
This herb prevents hair loss and further damage to the hair. It helps soothe the scalp and get rid of any dry flakes/dandruff.
1. Make a paste by adding a tablespoon of ground licorice root and a quarter teaspoon saffron to one cup milk.
2. Apply this to your scalp and hair length and leave it on overnight.
3. Next morning, wash your hair.
4. Repeat this twice a week.
3. Coconut Milk
The protein and essential fats in it promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
To prepare the milk,
1. Grate a medium-sized coconut and simmer it in a pan for five minutes.
2. Strain and cool.
3. Then add one tablespoon each of crushed black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the milk.
4. Apply on your scalp and hair.
5. After 20 minutes, rinse with a shampoo.
4. Green tea
This tea is rich in antioxidants, which help boost hair growth and prevent hair loss.
1. Soak two-three teabags in one-two cups of hot water depending on the length of your hair.
2. When it cools, pour this over your scalp and hair, while gently massaging your head.
3. Rinse with cool water after an hour.
5. Beetroot juice
Beetroot is rich in vitamins C and B6, folate, manganese, betaine and potassium, all of which are essential for healthy hair growth. Besides, it acts as a detoxification agent by helping keep the scalp clean.
1. Boil 7-8 beetroot leaves and grind along with 5-6 henna leaves.
2. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
6. Greek yoghurt and honey
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon in a bowl.
2. Using a dye brush, apply this paste on the scalp and roots.
3. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
4. Apply this paste once a week.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an effective home remedy for hair loss and to boost hair growth. It is also effective in reducing problems of scalp like itching and flaking.
1. Take the stalk of Aloe Vera and extract the pulp.
2. Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave it for about 45 minutes.
3. Rinse with normal water. You can do this three to four times a week to see better results.
8. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek or Methi seed is among the most effective home remedies to stop the hair loss. It repairs the hair follicles and helps in re-growth of the hair.
1. Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in water.
2. Grind it to a fine paste and apply it to your hair and scalp.
3. Leave the paste on your head for about 30 minutes.
4. You can cover your scalp using a shower cap to keep it moist.
5. After 30 to 40 minutes, rinse it with normal water.
5. You don’t have to use any shampoo.
6. Do it twice a week for a month for control hair fall.
9. Onion juice
1. To extract onion juice, grind the onion and then squeeze out the juice.
2. Dip the cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it to your scalp.
3. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off using normal water and a mild shampoo.
4. Follow this procedure once a week and see the difference.
Indian Gooseberry or Amla is another effective home remedy to stop hair fall. One of the causes is the deficiency of vitamin C, hence consuming amla will strengthen the hair follicles and help you to control it. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and the exfoliating properties, amla helps promote faster growth of hair, maintain a healthy scalp and prevents premature greying.
1. You can mix lime juice and the amla powder to make a paste.
2. Massage it to your scalp and hair.
3. Use a shower cap to cover your head so that the paste doesn’t dry out.
4. Keep it for an hour and then rinse it off with normal water.