Common cold is by several viruses and is highly contagious, its transmitted through droplets. Symptoms include;
- Nasal congestion
- Running nose
Home remedies include;
- Honey tea. Mix 2 tps of honey with warm water or herbal tea. Drink it once or twice a day. Not to be given to children under 1 year.
- Ginger and lemon. Take ginger and lemon tea twice or once a day. You may add honey for taste.
- Fluids. Take plenty of fluids preferably warm to remain hydrated
- Steam inhalation. Add 5-10 drops of eucalyptus, peppermint or lavender oil to a bowl of hot steaming water. Cover your head with a towel place it over the bowl and inhale. This relieves congestion.
- Honey and cinnamon. Take one tps of honey and 1/4 tps of cinnamon powder thrice a day.
- Turmeric. Add 1/2 TPA of fresh turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink daily.
- Salt and water gargle. This is effective for treating sore throat and wet cough. Stir a tps of salt in a cup of water until it dissolves. Gargle the solution allowing it to settle at the back of your throat for a few minutes.